Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kicks Over the Mediterranean


When I was in Italy, in a place called Cinque Terre, I came across this pair of shoes, and I thought that it was just an awesome statement. It's common to see this in the States, the power lines lined with sneakers, letting people know this is someone's turf. These Nikes were strung over this tree limb that overlooked the whole mediterranean... it was an awesome view. What struck me though, is the idea behind the shoes. This guy was saying, "I own this, this is mine. Look out and see my territory". It was just so badass. I love the initiative, and the pluck. These are key qualities for me; never compromise, do your own thing and have fun doing it. This guy was clearly clowning around and being original. Keep it up, world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment